From publisher blurb:
Pixel Loot - Dungeon Maker features 50 unique cards, each with a series of four interchangeable plot hooks. Drawing four Dungeon Maker cards and linking these plot hooks together will fill in the backstory for a random dungeon, and may even provide a motivation for your characters to explore it. More importantly, it gives you a series of ideas to trigger your own inspiration, keeping your stories fresh and your players engaged.
Each card has the following four dungeon hook elements:
- Where is the dungeon located?
- Who built it?
- For what purpose?
- What happened to the builders?
In addition, along the bottom of each Dungeon Maker card is a series of four icons that help you randomize your dungeon experience. Each card has a retro pixel art icon (in keeping with the Pixel Loot theme) to represent the following variables:
- How many more exits are in this room (between 0 and 3)?
- What kind of passage is each exit (10 possibilities: locked door, barred door, secret door, etc)?
- What kind of trap protects this door or chest (7 possibilities: spike trap, falling rocks, poison, etc)?
- What might players have to deal with in this room (10 possibilities: spider webs, green slime, an encounter, a chest, etc)?