From publisher blurb:
The “Big Book of Kaiju” is many things. It’s a collection of giant monsters culled from the annuls of movie history. Any fan of the genre will be able to recognize a favorite monster here. It is also a game master aid for the “Mecha vs. Kaiju” game, powered by Fate Core, offering statblocks for adversaries to throw against players. And finally it is an aid to players of “Mecha vs. Kaiju,” giving them an insiders look at how citizens of Japan and the world view the creatures that daily menace their lives.
If you play other Fate games it is unnecessary to have the Mecha vs Kaiju Core Book to use this supplement. Each kaiju is fully stated out with unique stunts and is usable in any Fate game. However, if you want your players to have a chance of beating any but the weakest version of these monsters, it's best to have a mecha at your side!
“They say the sea is cold, but the sea contains the hottest blood of all.”
Wales Weep Not, D.H.Lawrence
Yet the blood of wales is nothing compared to the diabolical kaiju. When the monster-makers of North Korea had secured their land border they created creatures to defend their shoreline. But their creations are not the only monsters of the sea – it teems with alchemical beasts, watched over by the ancient prophet of the waves, the great sea-turtle Kameyuu!
This supplement contains
- 4 new sea-based kaiju. Each kaiju is described as if written in the “real” Big Book of Kaiju, with commentary by contributors about their behavior, tactics, and biology. Each entry features detailed stat blocks, complete with rules for all stunts and mutations, at three power levels:
- A level for starting Mecha vs Kaiju characters, or those who run MvK without Construction points. This power level is also appropriate for ANY Fate Core game.
- A level for Experienced groups who have achieved Major Milestones.
- An Endgame kaiju, in its final form, suitable campaign finales or gamemaster tantrums.
- New statblocks for Kameyuu, the giant sea turtle, Prophet Beneath the Waves, when it was first encountered as an enemy, when it seemed almost a friend to mankind, and when it returned as an avenger of the despoiled Earth.
- New Kaiju Mutations, including supernatural themes, such as "Mind of Body" and "Spiritual Armor".