A roleplaying game set in the Legend of Robin Hood. This fantasy RPG employs a theatrical style of combat, adventure, and storytelling.
The game features:
- A Swashbuckling Stunt system where you name each and every one of your attacks, defenses, and actions! Improving all 3 after every session.
- A Story Pool system that works skills, professions, virtues, vices, traits, equipment, and stunts into each and every roll.
- An Icon Die that features Robin, Marian, and the Sheriff of Nottingham.
- Pluck and Swashbuckling Momentum rules to perform feats of Derring Do!
In Hood, you take dice from different categories, building a story pool to define your actions.
1. Pick one die from your skills or professions, whichever skill or profession you plan on using.
2. Take one die from either your physical traits or your personality traits.
3. Pick a virtue or vice that’s affecting this roll and pick out that die.
4. Define your actual stunt. If your stunt is already listed use the two dice associated with that stunt. If this is a brand new stunt, pick up 2d4.
5. If you are using a tool or item with your skill, take the appropriate die for that.
Pickup an Icon Die and roll everything. Any dice that come up as 4s or higher are successes. Any rolled 1s, 2s, and 3s, are failures. Count the number of successes and compare that number against the difficulty or the opposed roll of the target.