From publisher blurb:
Every home needs its heroes…
Your small village seems like a haven to you and your friends, but it is not safe.
Dangerous faeries lurk in the forest just outside of town, wicked men and ferocious monsters are a constant threat, and sometimes dark forces find their way into your neighbors’ hearts. You and your companions are young and untested, but ready to protect what matters.
Come with us beyond the wall...
Lots of times, we want to play a roleplaying game but just don’t have the time for all the prep work involved. No more. Beyond the Wall and Other Adventures is a kit to make a gang of childhood friends and send them off on their first big adventure, just like in the novels we loved growing up. Now we have this simple fantasy roleplaying game that gives a group of players all the tools they need to play an exciting adventure in a single evening, no homework, no fuss.
Anyone with a background in OSR games will already be comfortable with the core rules of Beyond the Wall.
- Inspired by the works of Ursula K. LeGuin, Susan Cooper, and Lloyd Alexander.
- Character Playbooks and Scenario Packs for play in a single evening with no prep.
- Player driven village design for fleshing out the characters’ home.
- Six Character Playbooks, including the Village Hero and the Witch’s Prentice.
- Two Scenario Packs: the Angered Fae and the Hidden Cult.