From publisher blurb:
Once More into the Breach!
There is battle, and then there is warfare. Many adventurers are familiar with wading into combat against monsters and small groups of enemies, but this is nothing next to the glory and chaos and carnage that is true war. More than simply a change in scale, the difference between war and other combat can be profound. In a war, the characters are part of something larger than themselves, contributing to the efforts of their armies, or perhaps leading those armies themselves. The priorities of a soldier are different from those of an adventurer, and often the challenges that they face are, as well. While many characters can translate their talents as adventurers to the battlefield, one who specifically focuses on warfare and battlefield tactics will have the edge on others when it comes to true war. Each installment of Weekly Wonders: Archetypes of War provides six new war-themed archetypes for a variety of classes.
For this book, we focus on those who lead, the tacticians and generals and lieutenants who not only direct soldiers in where to go and how to fight, but help protect those under their command from the perils of combat, bringing out their hidden potential and utilizing them to their fullest. The archetypes in this book bring these principles of leadership to the table and encourage players to take command. This book contains the following archetypes:
- The drill sergeant, a bard archetype that intimidates foes into obeying and allies into giving their all.
- The strike leader, an inquisitor archetype focuses on tactically directing foes to hammer an enemy’s greatest weaknesses.
- The camaraderie mystery, for oracles, with a wide variety of powers based on comrades-in-arms banding together on the battlefield and inspiring loyalty in one another.
- The righteous commander, a paladin archetype that can spur allies to action, and exchanges mercies for blessings that give the recipients of her lay on hands additional benefits.
- The daring leader, a swashbuckler archetype whose deeds focus on aiding his allies, including helping them get up when they’re down, and directing them to make powerful attacks.
- A bonus archetype for the zealot, from Path of War Expanded by Dreamscarred Press, the selfless captain can heal allies remotely though her psychic connection to them, and grants extra bonuses and actions when using aid another.