From publisher blurb:
These Microlite74 Ultimate Edition rules are based on the 1974 0e edition of the world’s most popular fantasy roleplaying game with its supplements and material from 0e magazine articles, some 0e third party material, some of the house rules the author used in the 1970s, and selected ideas from other roleplaying games. This book is the ultimate version of Microlite74 in one volume suitable for digest-sized printing or tablet viewing. This Ultimate Edition combines the rules from Microlite74 Extended with the additional rules from first, second, and third Microlite74 Companion volumes, full treasure listings, some new additional rules, a sample setting, and several short location-based adventures.
This book contains the complete rules for the Microlite74 Ultimate Edition, including:
- Simple Character Creation Rules: Roll 4 attributes and select a race, class, background, and alignment.
- Standard Classes: Fighter, Ranger, Paladin, Monk, Magic-User, Illusionist, Cleric, Druid, and Thief.
- Many Optional Classes: Barbarians, Swashbucklers, Necromancers, Beastmasters, Monks, Shamans, Delvers, and many more.
- All the standard races plus many optional races.
- Simple and fast-playing combat system that tracks physical damage (aka body points) separately from luck/skill/fatigue (aka hit point) damage.
- Hit points recover with a night’s rest. Spells cost hit points to cast. Actual wounds recover more slowly.
- Rules for hirelings, monster reactions (not every monster wants to fight), morale (not every monster fights to the death), and more.
- Many optional rules: use none, some, or all.
- A complete list of spells, monsters and treasure.
- Gamemaster section with setting design information, advice, and a small, ready-to-use hexcrawl setting and three simple location-based adventures ready to drop into the sample setting or use in your setting.
- Compatible with most other 0e based games and adventures -- as well as many designed for B/X, BECMI, and 1e.