From publisher blurb:
All men at sea must know the Rides,
Where Haunted Sea islands will abide.
Listen well and know the Ten
So you can find way back again!
In another place, a primitive place where the waters grew higher every year, there was an archipelago whose name has been lost to time. Never a peaceful or a pleasant place, those who lived there were not, either. Storms wracked the shores of the islands, and they were very dear to the mercurial goddess of storms, ships and the sea, Nise the Battlemaiden. When she brought the transient islands to Porphyra during The Calling, the Elemental Lords treated them no better than she had, taking delight in the destruction and persecution of the inhabitants. Nise’s bold strategy of making the islands move with the moons aided their contribution to the NewGod Wars, though it made it no better for the people.
Storms intensified, volcanic islands sprang up, and the waters became infested with unnameable horrors. Those who survived the transition and the war found themselves subtly changed, and the seas around them boiling with cruelty, unspeakable things, and the undead. They also found the mangled heaps of shipwrecks from a thousand worlds, and treasure the likes of which Porphyra had never seen. As the battles of the gods and elementals ebbed, tales of the horrors and wonders of the Haunted Sea began to spread and brought hardened men, women of fortune, and treasure hunters from every corner of the world. Pirate colonies like Port Calist and Kormus grew to serve the growing ranks of buccaneers, who prowled the local waters.
Heroes of the Haunted Sea from Purple Duck Games is a regional campaign supplement for the Lands of Porphyra campaign setting. In this intriguing archipelago of pirate adventure and prosperity is hard-won! Heroes of the Hinterlands of Haunted Sea includes:
- Information on the Haunted Sea races including: forlarren, half-medusa, human, maenad, obitu, orcam, ratfolk, satyrine, tiefling, and undine
- A full-color map of the Haunted Seas and detailed descriptions of the government there, along with stat blocks of the major communities.
- New character options such as the archetypes for alchemists, blackpowder disciples (from the Hinterlands of Kesh), mariners, monk, shaman, skald, and warpriests. As well as a new prestige class and an archetype for the battle herald prestige class.
Over 30 new feats and over 20 spells developed in the Haunted Seas.
- New equipment, special materials and magic items galore.
- Detailed equipment charts to make play convenient.