From publisher blurb:
Our first supplement and second adventure module is "S1", which contains a brand new character class and full rules for bringing medieval guns and grenades into your Old School campaign! It also includes an exciting adventure for the new Harquebusier class, to get you right into the action! Created for a party of 4-6 characters of 1st to 3rd level, this module is sure to provide you and your players with many hours of fun!
A new player class for OSRIC™ and other OSR retro-clone games. If you’ve ever longed for the smell of sulphur and the powerful recoil of early firearms in your Old School fantasy role playing campaign, then this book is for you!
Herein you will discover the battle-ready Harquebusier character class, a master of early medieval firearms and a grenadier extraordinaire – ready to unleash a fusillade of destruction upon his or her foes! The authors have laid out an entirely new class which utilizes a well researched, thought out and detailed system of rules for the use of early firearms and grenades in a fantasy campaign.
This supplement includes everything the Game Master needs to incorporate this character class and weapons into their world, including: a fully detailed character class consistent with first edition and OSRIC™ rules, descriptions of the weapons and requisite equipment for the class, examples of valuable and magical firearms, and an entirely new introductory level adventure to aid the GM and their players in immediately putting these rules into action in their campaigns!
In “The Trials of the Shootist” the player’s character has just completed the harquebusier training, and is ready to graduate the academy and receive his or her first professional firearm...except the wagon bringing the shipment has been waylaid by a band of humanoids! It is now up to the harquebusier and their adventuring companions to find the caravan, return the missing weapons, and defend the honor of your academy and masters.
So adjust your gun belt, clean that barrel, and keep your powder dry: it’s time for adventure!
This supplement and adventure module includes:
- A completely new character class for Old School gaming, the HARQUEBUESIER!
- This supplement includes all the information you need to play a HARQUEBUESIER, detailed & well researched information on the shootist's tools of the trade: medieval guns and grenades!
- We include an entire workable, balanced class and weapons system for your immediate use!
- A completely original, all new adventure, full of intense action with the all new HARQUEBUSIER class!
- Set in a valley with many exploration options, and connected to the designer's larger campaign world.
- Includes a detailed map showing the local area.
- A massive cave complex to explore, with expansion possibilities!
- A comprehensive introduction to the history and background of this adventure.
- Includes detailed Old-School maps, including the authors original hand-drawn maps!
- Amazing Old-school art by OSRIC artist Steve Robertson, as well as Fil Kearney, with additional artwork and maps by the author Louis "sirlou" Kahn
- High quality player tables, perfect for keeping track of all your harquebusier abilities and stats
- Carefully thought out and balanced Random Monster Tables, complete with treasure. Ready to use immediately