From the publisher website:
MAGEBLADE! is a game of fantastic adventures, inspired by the Occidentalist fantasy of Hayao Miyazaki and many, many JRPGs.
Built around a d20 roll-under mechanic, its main features are:
- Focus: each character class is focused on one specific ability, gaining by a level-dependent Focus bonus. Fighters get their bonus in combat, Casters on spell power, Rogues on luck, and Mageblades in eldritch combat with they magic blades and in generally awesome.
- Low dynamic range: low level are competent, and high-level characters have more staying power and their Focus is better, but not incomparably so. This helps introducing players to the game, mixed level parties and sets a specific tone for your game worlds.
- Mana: each character gets mana, which can be spent to activate magic items and to reroll saves. Casters, Rogues, and Mageblades can also spend mana in specific ways.
- Perks, Skills and Packages: characters learn different tricks and skills, and start with a different background package.
- Magic: mana-based system, compatible with Wonder & Wickedness.