From publisher blurb:
"I’ll try to describe Mort Tanis, as well as the thing to which it is attached, but my words hardly suffice. One must see this monstrosity to appreciate the lunacy of its existence. The captain of the vessel which conveyed me to this backwater fragment said that such beasts were once common in the Astral. Her crew insisted that the the spider is a slain god. God, beast, or whatever, the accursed thing terrified me. Terrifying or not, I realize that necessity in the Astral forces people to make a home on anything available-including a giant spider.
If Nix weren’t unsettling enough, the city to which I was consigned clings to a twenty mile long spear impaling the spider! I assure you, dear reader, that nothing more bizarre than Mort Tanis exists in the Astral."
- Gazreth, Sword of the Moonlit Court
Mort Tanis is a supplement for Awful Good Games's A Sundered World campaign setting. It is a guide to a fantastic city teeming with odd locales, bizarre inhabitants, and endless intrigue, as well as a toolbox for running a campaign in an urban setting. It includes:
- An overview of the city of Mort Tanis.
- A new playable race.
- Two new compendium classes.
- Materials to further customize your weapons and armor.
- Tables to randomly generate city legions, tavern names, rumors, adventure seeds, and much more.
- New monsters.
- Descriptions of some of the city's influential citizens.