From publisher blurb:
Still drunk on rum and insensible, the captain of your vessel thought nothing of the vast storm before it was too late and the maelstrom engulfed the ship, crashing it along strange, black coral reefs. Most of the crew died in the ensuing chaos but you survived, swimming until reaching land—or the nearest thing to it. Locals call the island-made-of-shipwrecks the Black Sands Anchorage and claim it’s part of a place called the Veil, waters from which no man yet has escaped.
A night of drinking in the Half-Light Tavern reinforces the bawdy claim and deciding against trying to beat the impossible Perpetual Storm that dragged you into these tesseract seas, you learn everything you can of the cultures and peoples within to see what glory and riches are hidden behind the Veil.
This is an improved and revised edition of the Veranthea Codex: Into the Veil PDF.
Inside of this supplement for the Veranthea Codex you’ll find:
- A timeline in sync with the history of the rest of Veranthea, integrating the arrival of the extraterrestrial alterran lich H’Gal and his rebellious intelligent forge, the Great Crawth (as well as how their struggle created the tesseract seas of the Veil).
- A full page color map of the Veil by cartographer Mike Myler and a player map by Chaa Chalapdru.
- 18 pages detailing the four continents of the Veil (including settlements for several major cities and towns): cold Polis Prime, tropical Caramballa, the wasteland known as the Deadlands, and the temperate realm of Ostershain!
- Several new creatures, high level NPCs, magic items, a new material (magnetite), artifacts, and kaiju for the Pathfinder roleplaying game!
- A new player race for your game: gene-stealing alterrans from outer space! Hailing from distant Proxima Alterra, these tri-peds are equipped with alternate racial traits, subtypes, class archetypes, gear, feats, magic items, and spells all their own! Use the trophies of your victories to Craft Biodevices, trap foes in a repurposing vat to make their talents your own, or take the powers of their birthrights away from them with gene thief!
- The Matoriksu, a colossal angler fish that traps entire ships of sailors in its belly, slowly draining away their lifeforce as they sail on waters until their bodies are sucked dry from the dendrites in the impossible beast's stomach.
- Sailor shanties to sing as your adventurers ply the high seas!