From publisher blurb:
When our heroes first meet Lord Ranulf and Lady Elowhere, Ranulf is the Baron of Caleesia. He and his wife have been summoned to Narwick castle by King Fustian, who is ill. Fustian wants someone suitable to take over his duties while he’s ill, and his council has advised him that Ranulf is the best choice.
Ranulf and Elowhere are officially named the true King and Queen of Narwick. This leaves them in an extremely powerful position over the adventurers. They can:
- Send the characters on further quests
- Have the heroes investigate if King Fustian was murdered and, if so, why
- Make them spies for Narwick
- Send them to negotiate treaties with other kingdoms
- Have them investigate far-off lands
- Have them lead an army against an enemy
- Have them investigate paranormal or occult occurrences
- Put them in the dungeon for crimes they (may have) committed
- Banish the group for various offenses
- Send the group to guard another group or person
- Be the reason for anything else you dream up
Compatible with the 5th edition of the world's most popular role playing game. Easily works with other games as well.