From publisher blurb:
The “Big Book of Kaiju” is many things. It’s a collection of giant monsters culled from the annals of movie history. Any fan of the genre will be able to recognize a favorite monster here. It is also a game master aid for the “Mecha vs. Kaiju” game, powered by Fate Core, offering statblocks for adversaries to throw against players. And finally it is an aid to players of “Mecha vs. Kaiju,” giving them an insiders look at how citizens of Japan and the world view the creatures that daily menace their lives.
If you play other Fate games it is unnecessary to have the Mecha vs Kaiju Core Book to use this supplement. Each kaiju is fully stated out with unique stunts and is usable in any Fate game. However, if you want your players to have a chance of beating any but the weakest version of these monsters, it's best to have a mecha at your side!
The world is both wonderful and strange. There are mysteries never imagined, areas never explored, depths never plumbed. It is in this shadowy realm, between what is known and what is unknown, that the Kaiju Kimyna dwell. Created from unusual, and sometimes unearthly, sources, these kaiju push the boundaries of both human understanding and survival.
This supplement contains:
- 3 new insect kaiju. Each kaiju is described as if written in the “real” Big Book of Kaiju, with commentary by contributors about their behavior, tactics, and biology. Each entry features detailed stat blocks, complete with rules for all stunts and mutations, at three power levels:
- A level for starting Mecha vs Kaiju characters, or those who run MvK without Construction points. This power level is also appropriate for ANY Fate Core game.
- A level for Experienced groups who have achieved Major Milestones.
- An Endgame kaiju, in its final form, suitable for campaign finales or gamemaster tantrums.
- A new setting, "Monster Island", lets you pit heroes against a living island.
- New kaiju Mutations and updates to existing mutations.