From publisher blurb:
A Vast Universe Awaits....
Galaxies at war, high-tech gadgets and weapons, robots, aliens, starfighters, and ancient machines with the power to shape reality - All of these make the core of Esper Genesis, powered by the 5th Edition rules of the world's greatest roleplaying game. Taking on the role of a galactic hero, you can forge your destiny within a universe of advanced technologies and hidden mysteries. Brace yourself for high adventure in hyperspace as you strive to make your mark within the great expanse!
Heroic Sci-fi Roleplaying for 5E
First announced in August 2016, EG was refined through several playtests in order to introduce fast and fun sci-fi gameplay while staying completely true to the 5E core mechanics. If you know how to play D&D, you already know how to play EG.
These free Basic Rules provide everything you need to begin an Esper Genesis campaign for character levels 1-10 until the official release of the Esper Genesis Core Manual. It is a standalone product. You do not need the D&D rulebooks or any other 5E product in order to play. This product contains:
- Five playable character races from the Silrayne Arc
- Four core 5E Character Classes: The Engineer, the Melder, the Specialist, and the Warrior
- Sci-fi tailored backgrounds, equipment, and gear to round out your galactic pioneer
- Esper Talents and Techniques, the power to warp time, space, and matter
- Starter rules and options for vehicles, space travel, zero-gravity, and starship combat
- A brief overview of the Crucibles and the Silrayne Arc
- Galactic Threats for your gamemaster to add to their sci-fi campaign