From publisher blurb:
Need a quick NPC?
Flip through a few of these NPC cards and you're sure to find an NPC that fits the situation. All the common races are represented (humans, dwarves, elves, gnomes, halflings, half-elves, and half-orcs). Many of the NPCs are low level, but they range from level 1 to 20. Of course you're also free to change a character's background to fit the adventure. Or use them as "face" cards and develop with your own background, personality & other details from scratch.
Minimal Game Stats
The cards focus on each character's background and personality. The few stats used (class/profession, race) give you an idea of the NPC's abilities. You're free to develop the NPC's stats in the system you're using as needed.
Adventure Hooks Abound!
Each character has interesting details that can lead to adventures or side-quests:
- How are the rebels planning to use Prinestia Sellex?
- Why does Tik Elleth constantely refer to Wizly?
- How is Princess Klestra planning to save her kingdom?
- What is Tansall the Scoured greatest regret?
- What will Ohn do now that his mission is complete?
- Who is blackmailing Zelaymor Tynalria?
- How does Ularian plan to wipe out the elven kinggdom?
- Why is Trayvis known as the "Oathbreaker"?