From publisher blurb:
Need a quick NPC?
Flip through a few of these NPC cards and you're sure to find an NPC that fits the situation. All the common races are represented (humans, dwarves, elves, gnomes, halflings, half-elves, and half-orcs). Many of the NPCs are low level, but they range from level 1 to 20. Of course you're also free to change a character's background to fit the adventure. Or use them as "face" cards and develop with your own background, personality & other details from scratch.
Minimal Game Stats
The cards focus on each character's background and personality. The few stats used (class/profession, race) give you an idea of the NPC's abilities. You're free to develop the NPC's stats in the system you're using as needed.
Adventure Hooks Abound!
Each character has interesting details that can lead to adventures or side-quests:
- Why did Quinn's love leave him?
- What plot did his brother Alvariaus nearly uncover?
- What trouble is the widow Fanny stirring?
- When will Styxie reveal her true mission?
- Is the mission Chono Vurrbilt assigns a death trap?
- Who can replace Sir Rafael as protector of his estate?
- Are the rumors of Sintram's deal with a fiend true?
- When will Li's plans to bring back her god occur?