From publisher blurb:
This booklet contains exhaustive information about a new magical item: the Abhorrent Naginata.
A two-handed wooden pole ends in a long, swooped-back blade; its rear edge is gruesomely serrated. The shaft is black, with rings every few inches of a shimmery metal; these rings are each of a different color. The hilt separating shaft and blade is a ring of gold, with spiked thorns.
This weapon functions as though designed to specifically slay a certain type of creature—dwarves, elves, humans, animals, etc. Each creature type corresponds to a different colored glow the blade will give off when unsheathed. The wielder may twist one of the colored bands on the shaft to change the type of creature that the weapon harms; this immediately causes the blade to change its glow color.
In all, 10 pages of detail are dedicated to a SINGLE magical item!
This booklet includes the following, all in the context of one weapon:
- Full profiles and construction requirements for 4 magic items corresponding to a range of Variable Difficulties.
- 4 NPCs, each fully stat-blocked and scaling to Variable Difficulties.
- Rules for generalizing the effects of the Abhorrent Naginata via a new weapon mod: "Dynamic Bane".
- History, description, appearance, and other "fluff" for flavor.
- Over a half-dozen hooks for integrating the weapon into your campaign.
- A full page of over a dozen pieces of Rumors & Lore with full FlexTable rules for dynamically integrating the rumors into your campaign.