From the back of the book:
Cthulhu Dark is a tabletop roleplaying game of cosmic horror, set in the worlds of H.P. Lovecraft.
It's about the things we fear, amplified until they are unbearable. It's about stories that genuinely creep you out, not well-worn tropes and creatures you've seen hundreds of times before. And it's about bleak horror, in which humans are powerless when confronted by hyperintelligent alien horrors.
You can't beat them. You can't fight them. You can only watch, run, hide and fear.
Inside this book, you'll find:
- Cthulhu Dark's streamlined, flexible rules.
- How to write and play mysteries, taking you through step-by-step from your initial ideas to describing horror to your players.
- A guide to the threats of the Mythos, from the Colour Out Of Space to Erich Zann, showing you how to use aliens, artifacts and sorcery to enhance the horror.
- Four settings, taking your games through time and space, each with a mystery to play through:
- Arkham 1692, Lovecraft's legendary ancient city in the time of witches.
- London 1851, where horror hides in the dark and the stink of Victorian England.
- Jaiwo 2017, in which evil emerges from the ruins of Empire in Africa.
- Mumbai 2037, tales of twisted cyberpunk horror in near-future India.