From publisher blurb:
Oh, God... it's getting inside. GET IT OUT! GET IT OUT!
SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!
Somebody help me ...
GET IT OUT OF MY SUIT!
HOSTILE is a gritty, near future roleplaying setting for the 2D6 Cepheus Engine rules that is inspired by movies like Outland and Alien. It is a universe of mining installations, harsh moons, industrial facilities, hostile planets and brutal, utilitarian spacecraft.
And out here the Unknown is real – it is horrific: there are rumors of the disturbing side-effects of hyperspace, of ancient horrors entombed on icy moons, and of monsters – killer aliens, perfectly evolved to survive the hostile wastes of space – at any cost.
- An immersive and realistic near space setting
- Gritty and scientifically plausible Off-World Colonies
- Many references to classic late-70s and early-80s SF movies
- Complete career write-ups, from Roughneck to Corporate Agent, Marine to Spacer
- Mega-ton starship construction rules
- Campaign and referee guidelines
- More than 30 fully-realized scenario hooks
- The USCS Hercules – a complete commercial towing vessel
- Colony schematics
- Setting-specific equipment and weapon lists
- With a variety of realistic photo-illustrations and replica documents