This game has not been released yet, therefore some of the information above may change in the future. Until this game is released, please don't submit images for it unless given direct written permission from the publisher which must be noted in the image caption.
John Carter of Mars - Adventures on The Dying World of Barsoom is a planetary romance tabletop role-playing game. We've created it under license and with the cooperation of the estate of Edgar Rice Burroughs, author of the original Barsoom novels. We've also had guidance of Scott Tracy Griffin one of the leading scholars of his works to ensure utmost authenticity. Using a pulp-action inspired narrative variant of Modiphius' 2d20 system, Momentum, John Carter of Mars allows players to take the role of various adventurers and heroes as they travel, battle, and romance their way across the wondrous and dangerous world known to its natives as Barsoom. Play as John Carter, the princess Dejah Thoris or the fearsome Thark warrior Tars Tarkas - or create your own new heroes from a wide variety of options.
Included in the core book are:
- An overview of Burroughs' Barsoom and its peoples, perfect to introduce new players to the wondrous world of John Carter of Mars.
- Detailed chapters on technology, creatures, and various cultures.
- A new skill-less Talent focused narrative variation of the 2d20 system called Momentum, including a step-by-step character generation system designed to create heroes from a variety of backgrounds and concepts.
- Choose a wide variety of characters such as a dashing Red Martian duelist, a brilliant First Born scientist, a savage Beastmaster, a courageous airship officer, a disciplined assassin, or even Earthborn characters, so players can follow in the bounding footsteps of John Carter himself!
- A detailed Narrator's section with information on how to run genre-and-setting appropriate games and campaigns, including information about the great secrets of Barsoom.
- Three eras of play based on the adventures of John Carter himself. Play during the early days of Dotar Sojat, adventure during the time when Carter was a Prince of Helium and in the years after when he was believed dead, or fight alongside Carter and his allies during the later Jeddak of Jeddaks era.
- An introductory adventure, the Mind Merchants of Mars, to get players and Narrators started on their adventures.