From publisher blurb:
Bend reality to your will as a Runechanneler.
This 40 page handbook includes everything you need to add runic magic to your world. Runes are the ancient language of the old gods, the true language that was spoken to create the reality in which we now live. By acting as a conduit you can use these ancient words to enact your own will upon the world, just as the gods once did.
This book introduces Runes, arcane symbols representing aspects of the world that have drastically different effects depending upon where they are placed. This book has 20 unique and detailed runes, each with 3 forms creating 60 new spells and enchantments to add to your campaign.
Each rune has three forms:
- The Outward Form is placed on weapons, drawing out the offensive aspects of the rune.
- The Inward Form is placed on armor, pulling in the defensive aspects of the rune.
- The True Form is too dangerous to be worn or carried, demanding a stable surface from which the true power of the rune can be unleashed.
This book introduces the Runechanneler. An arcane conduit for runic magic adept at honing their willpower to channel their will through runes. The Runechanneler is a highly versitile caster and can be played offensively or can fill a more support and utility roll. Players can help define their chosen roll with one of three Arcane Signatures included in this book: Boistrious, Inquisitive, and Resolute. Each Arcane Signature is a reflection of the Runechanneler's personality and influences their playstyle.
Included are 4 new fully detailed runic subclasses made for existing classes.
- Path of the Rune Marked: Barbarians honored by their ancestors by the glowing tattoos of the old words. Feared as omens of ensuing danger, but as equally well regarded as defenders against it.
- Circle of the Runestones: Druid guardians of the ruins and monoliths left in far places by the old gods. Champions of the ancient stones and stoic keepers of the true words.
- Oath of Truth: Paladins who've sworn to uproot lies and uncover corruption. Speakers of truth and knights of revolution, unyeilding against the tyrant and the deciever.
- Rune Trapper: Rogues who have delved into the arcane runic traditions and have found the perfect tools to act as arcane spies. They wait until the perfect moment to trigger runic traps from blocks away.
If you just want to add some runic items to your campaign we have detailed options for doing just that. Runic items are perfect for leveling equipment by design, advancing in power along with the player. Or we also included a randomized loot table analagous to the loot table found in the Dungeon Master's Guide, allowing you to easily introduce some runic items to an existing campaign.
- Runic Leveling Items
- Runic Item Loot Table