From publisher blurb:
This brand new class for 5th edition combines the martial prowess of a fighter with the brutal lethality of a barbarian to create something completely unique. Slayers are disciplined and vigilant combatants who've come from dark circumstances that involved some kind of personal tragedy, endured a horrific and traumatic bloodbath or massacre, and, ultimately, found a higher calling. This calling leads them to take up arms in the service of some belief, code, or ideal, marking the start of their adventuring career.
Slayers are lightly armored combatants who deal high damage and excel at navigating the battlefield due to their speed and ability to bypass adversaries more easily than most. Best of all, when slayers drops their foes, they unlock the ability to top their hit points up or make an additional attack to keep the killing going.
This iteration of the slayer, Version 1.0, provides 5 slayer specializations, known as Slayer Syles. These include:
- The Ardent. Ardents are slayers who draw strength and vitality from those they slay. They're able to deal damage efficiently whilst also serving as an off-tank, or the party's main tank in a pinch if things start to go sideways.
- The Foehammer. Foehammers are slayers who dedicate themselves to opposing a specific type of enemy, becoming intimately familiar with them and mastering techniques to combat them more effectively.
- The Hexblade. Hexblades are slayers who study magic in order to be able to fold it into their swings. With each strike, they collect latent arcane energy and trap it into their vicitm, allowing it to burst forth in the form of spellcasting as they land their final blow.
- The Punisher. Punishers are slayers who diligently study unusual strategies and obscure tactics in order to be able to combat specific types of adversaries that normally elude and frustrate others. Where they cannot find a good approach already, they simply invent their own.
- The Scourge. Scourges are slayers who train constantly to be as fast as possible. Their movements are a blur as a they dash across the battlefield with unparalleled haste, cleave through multiple foes at once, and skid to a perfectly controlled halt.