From publisher blurb:
“Ziyad” is a multi-function military ship derived from the Seraphim-class escort frigate. She is the first of her kind and so the line as a whole is also known as the Ziyad-class. They were jointly designed and deployed after the end of the Nexan War, when old Earth and the TerraNovan Theocracy united against the Umbral Empire. As with many “new” designs dating from that tumultuous period, they adapt and reuse existing technology as much as possible to cut development time and get new ships into space as quickly as possible.
Ziyad was developed to serve as a patrol boat – operating independently or in pairs as an early warning system or law enforcement vessel. She carries a crew of 18 plus a platoon of 13 marines and a pair of boarding shuttles. The ship is well armed and armored. She has sufficient firepower to deter aggressors, enough speed for pursuit, and adequate manpower for boarding actions. Since their launch, ships of this line have proven to be a cost-effective and dependable addition to the navies of both the ConFederation and Nexan Colonies.
The Ziyad package contains four highly detailed, layered PDF files:
- Main Book
- 11 page PDF file detailing the ship and interior areas.
- Contains 3D rendered scenes as well as orthographic views of the ships.
- Includes system independent statistics designed for easy adaption to your game of choice.
- Background, art, and text are on different layers for custom display and printing.
- Map Pages
- 18 page PDF file containing complete interior maps and instructions for assembly.
- Miniature-scale maps for tactical combat with an optional 1 inch = 5 ft grid.
- Divided into pages for easy printing in full color or printer-friendly black and white.
- Selectable layers include: grid, black & white version, and optional objects..
- Uncut Map Images
- A single page PDF files containing a 34x39 inch image of the complete deckplans.
- Select either a light or dark background (for printing or projection/display).
- Includes layers for grid, black & white version, optional cargo, and background choice.
The third in the “Refit” series of Armada Codex, Ziyad is derived from the Drake explorer first presented in issue #9 of Future Armada. As with all issues of the Codex, this product is designed to give you a ready-made ship to drop into your setting and rules of choice - lending depth and detail to your campaign. When it’s time to play, zero hour is ready!