From publisher blurb:
Let’s stop thinking of monsters as Hit Point piñata that drop loot. Lethal Lairs looks at the intellect and capabilities of various classic monsters and uses those abilities to create a lair for a world where self entitled sword and spell wielding psychopaths might bust in and try to kill you.
These encounters can be plugged directly into any Dungeons & Dragons style of game with little to no modification because the real value of the Lethal Lairs series is in concepts and ideas, not as a fully written module. They can be plugged directly into adventures to replace or enliven other set encounters, or used as the basis for a full adventure with the Lair being the final encounter.
What you get
- 9 page full colour PDF (cover, credits, introduction, map and 5 pages of additional content).
- Detailed breakdown of the dangers within the lair and how to play them out.
- List of additional cunning ploys and tricks which can be used to befuddle the party.
- Battle Tactics - explaining how the creature uses their lair to best effect and how they will handle the invasion by the PCs.
- Sample Encounter - using the D&D Rules Cyclopedia to present a fully formed encounter as an example of how the lair might be used.
- Full colour map of the lair with key points marked.
About the Sample Encounter
Each product includes a sample encounter based on the D&D Rules Cyclopedia aka Classic D&D. This includes a fully generated monster encounter complete with randomly determined treasure and detailed statistics block. Adjusting this encounter for other versions of D&D simply requires opening up the applicable monster book and redoing the stat block. The Introduction also explains how to convert applicable saving throws between 5th Edition and earlier editions of D&D. Remember, the mechanics of the lair is the key component of this product.