Misfortune is a narrative game in the literal sense. Its game mechanics handle the characters and story as tangible things, as something that can be affected.
Mechanically it is short and simple, but created with a strong, single-minded vision. It is a game created to run anything, and to bring any game situation the amount of drama and tension it deserves. In it, the player is given the power to forge their character’s destiny from the ground up. The simplicity of the game gives way to unlimited possibilities.
Misfortune - Dramatic Roleplaying is an unique game with:
- A simple resolution system based on 2d6, where difficulty is based on narrative stakes.
- Misfortune: You can reroll indefinitely, gaining more Misfortune in the process and causing you to be in more and more of a risk.
- No character creation: You create your characters as you play, starting out with an empty character sheet.
- Game mechanics based on narrative elements: Foreshadowing, Plot Armor and Revelations are legitimate game mechanics.
- A comic book-style layout.