From publisher blurb:
The Microlite81 Advanced Expanded Edition is based on the Basic and Expert boxed sets of the world's most popular fantasy roleplaying game published in 1981 combined with the classes, spells, and treasure from the 1e (advanced) version of the world’s most popular fantasy RPG -- thus recreating the way many people who started with B/X played 1e in the 1980s with more modern Microlite20-based systems. This book is the ultimate version of Microlite81 Advanced in one volume suitable for digest-sized printing or tablet viewing. This 888 page digest-sized PDF includes new material not included in the "pay-what-you-want" version of Microlite81 Advanced, for example:
- 100 additional monsters
- over 50 new magic items, including some magic items designed specifically for Microlite81 systems (e.g. items working with the hit point fueled magic system)
- new spells
- rules for using small parties of 1-3 characters in old TSR adventures designed for 8+ PCs
- expanded rules for dominions (the territories high level PC rule).
- a sample campaign and several sample adventures (including a walk-through of creating a dungeon)
- more advice and random tables for Microlite81 Advanced GMs
- art -- lots more art, including color art
Of course, the Microlite81 Advanced Expanded Edition includes all of the standard features of Microlite81 Advanced:
- Simple Character Creation Rules: Roll 4 attributes and select a class, background and alignment.
- Standard Classes include Fighter, Magic-User, Cleric, Thief, Dwarf, Elf, Halfling
- Optional Classes include Assassins, Barbarians, Bards, Druids, Illusionists, Paladins, Rangers, Warlords, Dragonborn, Half-Orges, Tieflings, and Warforged.
- Two sets of "core" rules: standard and extended. The standard rules are less complex while the extended rules incorporate many of the author's house rules.
- Backgrounds provide a simple and fast way to factor in a character's culture and non-class-related a abilities.
- Simple and fast-playing combat system -- that tracks physical damage (aka body points) separately from luck/skill/fatigue (aka hit point) damage if the extended rules are used.
- Hit points recover with a night’s rest. Spells cost hit points to cast. Actual wounds recover more slowly.
- Rules for hirelings, monster reactions (not every monster wants to fight), morale (not every monster fights to the death), strongholds, magic research, and more.
- Optional rules for advantages and disadvantages, character goals and personality traits, fire-and-forget magic, traditional saving throws, weapon damage by class, armor for everyone, psionics, divine intervention, spirits, aspects, action points, and more
- A complete list of spells, monsters, and treasure with detailed descriptions and random tables for monsters and treasure.
- Compatible with most other B/X, BECMI, or 1e based games and adventures