From publisher blurb:
How do you make great combat in 7th Sea?
How do you make things challenging when you're dealing with duelists?
GMs and players of 7th Sea expect a fun, fast-paced, exciting story to unfold when they sit around the table. There’s no reason your combats can’t be as meaningful, interesting, and challenging as the rest of the play experience, but to get the most out of each combat encounter the GM should take care to design them in a way that plays to 7th Sea’s strengths. In this supplement you’ll find 6 steps to consider when planning a combat, and some (very straightforward) dice math. By thinking through your combat design in this way, you can make sure every fight feels significant, challenging – and most important – fun!
- The “Good Combat Planning Checklist” gives you tools to quickly put together excellent and engaging combats
- The “Danger Dimensions”(!) help you think about combat threats as more than waves of brute squads or an epic-strength villain
- How Do You Solve a Problem Like Duelists? Creating Meaningful Challenges When the Party Has One or More Duelists
- “Party Strength” dice math: learn to estimate how many Raises (and how much damage output) your players will have each Round, so your combats last just long enough
- Pacing & Improvisation: GM Options to Keep Things Moving
Put it all together, and roll dice!