From the publishers blurb:
A Style Guide with Style
Writing With Style: An Editor’s Advice for RPG Writers presents 45 pages of concise tips on simple ways to make your roleplaying game writing cleaner and clearer. This guide doesn’t show you how to structure adventures, build stat blocks, or create worlds. Instead, Ray Vallese looks at some of the most common and easily fixable grammar and style issues he’s encountered in over twenty years of editing RPGs.
Rookie freelancers, industry veterans, and self-publishers alike can benefit from this (mostly) jargon-free guide, which addresses such topics as:
• Recasting passive voice into active voice (and when you might not want to)
• Dangling participles and other misplaced modifiers
• Gender-specific and gender-neutral language
• Commonly confused words, empty words, and clichés to avoid
• Choice and possibility in player character actions
• Final things to check before submitting your manuscript
Tighten and polish your text with these quick and easy tips!