From publisher blurb:
The “Arikara” variant is an unregistered modification of the popular Tomahawk-class armed courier (from the Lakota issue of Future Armada). This custom build was cobbled together by the Raevyn Marauders - a loose syndicate of raiders, pirates, and scavengers. The plans have been shared amongst the clans and so the sight of an approaching Arikara is cause for alarm among civilian captains and law enforcement alike.
Though it lacks the distinctive wing-mounted engines and stabilizers of the Tomahawk, this design adds both a detachable upper deck and a ventral breaching bore. Dubbed the “Akira” class runabout, the detached upper level can operate as an attack shuttle independent of the main hull while the breaching bore facilitates hostile ship-to-ship takeovers in the void. In addition to these modifications, the Arikara carries a low tech armored truck in the garage on the lower deck. Elsewhere there are barracks for a dozen raiders, cabins for the captain and officers, and holding cells for up to eight unfortunate souls bound for ransom or a life of slavery.
The Arikara package contains three highly detailed, layered PDF files:
- Main Book
- 15 page PDF file detailing the ship and interior areas.
- Contains 3D rendered scenes as well as orthographic views of the ships.
- Includes system independent statistics designed for easy adaption to your game of choice.
- Background, art, and text are on different layers for custom display and printing.
- Map Pages
- 14 page PDF file containing complete interior maps and instructions for assembly.
- Miniature-scale maps for tactical combat with an optional 1 inch = 5 ft grid.
- Divided into pages for easy printing in full color or printer-friendly black and white.
- Selectable layers include: grid, black & white version, and optional objects.
- Uncut Map Images
- A single page PDF files containing a 31x33 inch image of the complete deckplans.
- Select either a light or dark background (for printing or projection/display).
- Includes layers for grid, black & white version, optional cargo, and background choice.
The fourth in the “Refit” series of Armada Codex, Arikara is derived from the Lakota armed courier first presented in issue #15 of Future Armada. This ship is ready to serve as a base of operations for an unscrupulous band of adventurers, or as an adversary for those with a more heroic bent. When it’s time to play, zero hour is ready!