From publisher blurb:
A wilderness survival supplement for Cepheus Engine and the Hostile setting.
Whether your Cepheus Engine game is set in the super-jungle of Tau Ceti II, the swamps of Africa’s Congo or the burning deserts of LV207, you will need comprehensive wilderness survival and travel rules. DIRTSIDE turns a trek across a world’s surface into an immersive battle for survival. Pit your wits against the elements, negotiate dangerous terrains and guard your resources against thirst, hunger and exposure.
Or dip into the DIRTSIDE rules to add a little detail and danger to any planetary surface excursion. Cleverly designed encounter tables provide scores of realistic obstacles and situations to be overcome and cover every terrain type, from sand seas to mangrove swamps, mountains to nitrogen ice fields, and volcanic wastelands to the unstable surfaces of comets and asteroids.
Remember – science fiction adventure only really begins when you get dirtside …
- Event tables for all terrain and climate types.
- Easy-to-use rules for surviving in the toughest environments.
- The effects of hostile atmospheres, radiation, poison gasses, hunger and extreme temperatures.
- Travel rules, factoring in speeds and problems - and ways to overcome them.
- Many random events, such as strong winds, thunderstorms, rock-falls and caves.
- Foraging and hunting.
- Abbreviated animal encounters, able to be created ‘on-the-fly’.