Macchiato Monsters is a rules-light, slightly collaborative, old school roleplaying game. It is not a game about coffee.
Two years after the release of the Zero Edition, we come to you with a perfectly tuned engine for adventure, exploration and survival in all kinds of perilous dungeonverses, whether you're using published settings and adventures or create your own.
- Freeform characters: emulate a classic concept, or come up with something unique and help define the world.
- Risk dice: a simple attrition mechanic for armour, gear, encounters, treasure, and story progression.
- Flexible magic: invent your spells, and keep casting them as long as you have resources - and hit points - to fuel your magic.
- One-roll combat rounds: no initiative, no battle maps, no quarter given.
- Campaign tools: a panoply of tables and procedures to prep and improvise content.
- A while lot of illustrations of monsters having coffee!