This Campaign Set includes four adventures, one for each tier of play.
It is built for a well balanced party of five level one characters, and supports player character advancement to level 20.
Each Adventure Includes:
- Primary Quest
- Settlement: A village or city with numerous NPCs.
- Wilderness: Wild terrain featuring warm-up encounters.
- Dungeon: Featuring hordes of untold foes.
- Where one adventure ends the one next begins.
- The campaign culminates with a surprise boss fight just as the players begin to celebrate a job well done.
Everything is optional, there is no plot, there are no maps. They say it’s best if the story emerges as a response to the players, and that’s the type of game this campaign is designed to support. Make it up as you go or plan the story in advance. Add as much or as little story as you like. You can give the players all the agency they want without worrying about any campaign breaking PC choices, the CR system, or math. You just go on to the next encounter, no matter what, and call it what you need it to be called, be creative.
The idea is for you to make-up a story as you go. Use the supplied encounters to support your group’s imagination. Use the short descriptions as inspiration for your adventures or omit them entirely.