From publisher blurb:
Strange and Alien Magic!
The critically-acclaimed Advanced Arcana series travels to the stars to provide new and exciting spells for the Starfinder Roleplaying Game. In a setting where emotionless androids, four-armed kasathas, insectoid shirren, and reptilian vesk can be found amongst the default player races, and the Alien Archive is full of strange and wondrous alien races designed to serve a player characters as well, one can’t help but wonder: what does alien magic look like?
Sure, everyone has access to all the spells in the core rules, but with each race developing their own cultures and traditions for thousands of years before ever making contact with other sentient life, it stands to reason that each would have their own unique approach to magic. Surely, each species has certain spells that they developed on their own that no other race would have come up with. What might those spells look like?
This book presents a variety of new spells for ten different alien races: androids, dragonkin, drow, grays, kasatha, lashunta, shirren, skittermanders, vesk, and ysoki, totaling 160 new spells in all. Additionally, each race features a new and unique spell mechanic based on that race, including:
- Exploit Weakness, a mechanic for drow spells that causes them to be more effective if the target currently has less than half their maximum hit points.
- Inscrutable, a mechanic for gray spells that makes them more effective against creatures that are unable to identify the spell when it is cast.
- Hive Cast, a mechanic for shirren spells that allows any number of allies to assist you in casting the spell, increasing its effectiveness.
- Military Adept, a mechanic for vesk spells that allows the caster to concentrate on the spell by successfully attacking opponents.
- Pack Rat, a mechanic for ysoki spells that makes the spell more effective if the caster is carrying certain items on their person.