The Power you want with a familiar feel. This is a completely customizable system. You gain Character Points (CP) and you can buy abilities, skills capabilities, and even optional Arch Types. There is no limit to how far you can go.
GenIsys system relies on a 2d10 mechanic vs. a target number. Characters gain Action Dice to add a bit of luck when they need it.
A replacement for the failed alignment system that everyone keeps using is an all new Personality Profile.
You remember those games, “you wanted to be the most powerful wizard or the most badass fighter. Then you get up to 9th level and the campaign breaks down. GenIsys Fantasy allows you to take your character to all new heights of your character's ambition. Find the epic power you deserve, play GenIsys Fantasy.
What has changed:
- The Equity system is now gone. You now just pay CP instead.
- Ability Scores: We simplified the cost and progression.
- The races CP cost for certain abilities with a CP-2 is all gone. The colubrine race is moving over to the Dark Races guide for those who want dark campaigns and we have added Centaurs, Cimmerian Elves and Halflings into the core book.
- There are 4 Arch Types (Not Required). They are Clergy, Fighter, Magic User, and Scoundrel. They are especially helpful for new players or those who want to stay with a particular concept. There are several Specialties in each Arch Type and they each help your character become unique.
- The number of skills has been reduced from 26 broad skills to 9. They have also been repackaged to better integrate with Arch Types.
- The VPT system for spells is gone. We have replaced it with a simple maintenance mechanic, based on the Spell Casting Ability (SCA) of the spell you cast.
- The spell system has been rewritten and is simplified, it is now so much easier to understand. The critical success/failure for each seed has been removed and streamlined.
- Seeds now give you some supernatural benefits. e.g. The nature school gives you the ability to start speaking with nature and the higher your SCA in your Nature School, the better your communication with the creatures in nature.
- Reworked Devotions, Rites and Rituals a bit. They are easier to use now.
- Familiars have been simplified, and you can still have more than 1.
- Cleaned up the rewards system and made it easier. Added more examples.