From publisher blurb:
Skills- They Are More Important Than You Think!
Jump into Alt. Path: Skills and you’ll get dozens of ways to take advantage of skills in your game not to mention skill-focused classes, feats, and equipment! Each section could be its own book but we’ve combined them and interlaced them to make one super book of skills!
- Alternate Rules for Expanded Skill Uses! Including “niches”, variable ability scores, new skills (Pilot, Self Discipline, and Travel), new uses for existing skills (Acrobatics, Appraise, Bluff, Craft, Diplomacy, Handel Animal, Heal, Intimidate, Perform, Ride Sleight of Hand, Stealth, Survival, and Swim!)
- Extreme Skill Uses! With a DC of 40+ you can do godly things like craft weapons and armor out of THEORETICAL MATERIALS like hope or the color purple and steal the pants off a person wearing them without them knowing! Yes- we’ve got rules for that!
- Executioner (Base Class) What? Why is an executioner class in a SKILL book?! Turns out there was a lot more to the life of an executioner than cutting off heads! They lead unique and colorful lives filled with intrigue, isolation, and duplicity!
- Professor (Base Class) The undisputed GODS of skills and skill use! Versatile to the point of absurdity they let you thrive in skill situations even in combat!
- Puppeteer (Base Class) Ever wanted to kill someone with a blender puppet? Us too, so we wrote the “puppeteer” base class that allows you to command a powerful punishing puppet that can be customized just the way you want it!
- Ritualist (Base Class) Steeped in the lore of ancient, secretive orders, these martial characters take ritualistic actions to give themselves quasi-supernatural abilities. If you didn’t know how impactful Action Economy was before reading this class- you will by the time you’re done with it!
- Grandmaster (Prestige Class) Every just want to be godly with a single skill? This short prestige lets you do absurd things with your absurdly high skill bonus in a given skill.
- Class Options We’ve got skill focused options for wizards, cavaliers, paladins, and... barbarians?!?!
- Equipment Can’t capture that je ne sais quoi? Solve it with lightning in a bottle! Orc cut off your arm? Replace it with a grappling hook! Want to make manacles made of bone or gold? We’ve got you covered. +4 lute more your speed? We can hook you up. Party members trying to loot-steal? Try some Graverobber’s Gloves to get a leg up on them.
- Living Items (Race) Let’s be honest, who doesn’t want to play as a living mandolin that can play itself or a rope-man that can use itself to climb.
- Skill Synergy Every wonder why skill 1 + skill 2 didn’t give you some kind of bonus? Now, with this optional rule, it does!
- Feats You want feats?! We got feats! We’ve got feats that let you make use of readied actions better, yell at commoners better, use Perform for something other than just being a bard, eat dirt, and even give yourself crippling negative conditions (gotta be smart to use that one!).
- Spell Hybrid Feats! Want to combine schools of magic with skills?! We’ve got stuff like Necrobotany (undead + plants!), Omnimancy (subtle, regional, political influence), Mechanimancy (mechanical summons!), Arkhomancy (use divination to know about history!), and more!
All this and so much more is in this 80 page wonder of a book! But we’re not scrubs; every option in this book has rules for balanced use and guidelines for implementation in your game!