From publisher blurb:
The Wood element, for when describing a fight with the undead simply has to violate somebody else's intellectual property.
What is Momentum?
Momentum is effectively a combo point system typically used in rogue-like characters on MMORPGs, but with increased granularity. Working on a scale from 0-4, some momentum techniques, known as builders, grant 1 point of momentum when used, and others expend between 1 and 4 momentum as part of their activation cost. Managing this momentum pool becomes a game of moving the needle, allowing players to make plans that matter in the round-to-round, which is a far sight better than full attacking the nearest goblin every round.
What is the Wood element?
The Wood element is a new core element for the Master of Forms base class. That is to say it is available to all Masters of Forms without the need to take a restrictive archetype or feat chain. With the Earth element already focusing very heavily on defense and survivability, the Wood element focuses on growth and regrowth.
How Wood Works
- Tactically plant up to one copy of each of three floral allies: the buried wildthorn (damage), the shieldroot (defense), and the tilling broadleaf (disruption)
- Manage the growth of your floral allies, increasing their power as they rapidly mature.
- Accelerate their growth by mulching your enemies, mimicking the power of your floral allies, or even sacrificially maxing out their growth for one round of floral chaos before they wither and die.
- 15 new techniques, comprising the Wood element
- The Sow the Seeds ability, given to all practitioners of Wood and detailing the powers of each floral ally in a full-page spread for each of the three plants
- 2 new feats: Miracle Grower and Vengeful gardener
- The Wood element stance and secret art