From publisher blurb:
In a world without political superpowers or nuclear weapons, there are only two forces which matter: Mecha and Kaiju.
"Fate of the World" is a setting book for the Mecha vs Kaiju RPG, detailing the dizzying events that spin out of the coming of giant monsters to the Earth at the end of WWII. The end of super-powers, the rise of Africa and South America, the transformation of whole continents into anti-kaiju bastions, all these events and more are presented -- an entire alternate history of the Earth beginning from its mythic origins into modern day.
This supplement presents a timeline of world history, highlighting key locations and events such as:
- Europe. its recovery, rebuilding, and the effect of mecha technology;
- Russia, its downfall in the eyes of the world, and its rebirth;
- Africa, its liberation from colonialism, national recreation, and the effects of kaiju warfare;
- Asia, and the effects of human and giant monsters on the region;
- Australia, and its use of mercenary mecha and Aboriginal magic;
- South America, its struggles and eventual triumph as a world power.
Fate of the world also features new rules and concepts for both mecha and kaiju, including:
- Russia's "Dead Hand" kaiju, human piloted battlefield monsters;
- England's "Royal Powered Infantry" and France's "Grande Armée" mecha;
- Australia's Aborigine magic;
- The effects of kaiju mutation on human beings.
Fate of the World opens new regions of adventure in the never-ending battle of Mecha vs Kaiju!