From publisher blurb:
The Kagekumo (or “Shadow spider”) class is a salvage ship. Though ostensibly designed for commercial use, this large industrial craft has become a favorite of pirates and reavers. The vessel is designed to secure and dismantle derelicts, or soon-to-be-derelicts, quickly and efficiently. She is equipped with massive harpoons fore and aft to capture and tow disabled prey, plus fold-out scaffolding studded with tractor beams and cutting lasers to embrace, immobilize, and dissect. A cadre of salvage drones can assist with disassembly or help bring down stubborn targets. She carries a standard crew of 46, though this can easily vary by plus or minus 20.
In addition to the Kagekumo-class heavy salvage ship, two variants are also presented: the Mukade (“Centipede”) which lacks the cumbersome lower scaffolding but retains the remaining salvage gear, and the Kemushi (“Caterpillar”) which has no salvaging equipment at all and is intended for use as a bulk freighter. The document also details the auxiliary craft carried by these ships, including the Hachi-class salvage drones, plus various escape pods, lifeboats, and a repurposed shuttle.
The Kagekumo chapter of the Codex contains several detailed, layered PDF files:
• Main Book
- A 32 page PDF file detailing the ship and interior areas, plus the variants and small craft.
- Contains 3D rendered scenes as well as orthographic views of the ships.
- Includes system independent statistics designed for easy adaptation to your game of choice.
- Background, art, and text are on different layers for custom display and printing.
• Map Pages
- Two PDF files (56 total pages) containing complete interior maps and instructions for assembly.
- Miniature-scale maps for tactical combat with an optional 1 inch = 5 ft grid.
- Divided into pages for easy printing in full color or printer-friendly black and white.
- Selectable layers include: grid, black & white version, and optional objects.
• Uncut Map Images
- Three single-page PDF files containing giant images of the deckplans.
- Includes layers for grid, black & white version, optional cargo, and light or dark background.
- Maps are 39x73, 23x73, and 23x73 inches at 150 dpi. Also provided as flat jpeg images.