From publisher blurb:
Old-School Essentials is an adventure role-playing game of exploration, danger, monsters, and magic. The game is intentionally rules-light, putting the focus of play on imagination, improvisation, and fun. The rules are optimised for ease of use at the table, with meticulous attention to wording and layout clarity. What's more, Old-School Essentials is 100% compatible with the classic Basic/Expert game from 1981, meaning that decades of adventure are at your fingertips!
Classic Fantasy: Genre Rules
is a modular game where the core rules of the game are extended by additional "rules modules" which add content for different genres of fantastic adventure. This book contains the rules for playing games in the Classic Fantasy genre:
- 7 character classes: cleric, dwarf, elf, fighter, halfling, magic-user, thief.
- Complete lists of adventuring gear, weapons, and armour.
- An extensive selection of mounts, vehicles, and water vessels.
- Mercenaries and specialists for hire.
- Rules for stronghold construction.