From publisher blurb:
Summon the Ushers of the Afterlife!
One of the joys of playing a summoner—a character of any class who relies heavily on spells such as summon monster to conjure allies and minions to fight on their behalf—is the fact that it lets you play with some of the fun and exciting monsters from the various Pathfinder Bestiaries that are normally reserved only for GMs. Unfortunately, since spells like summon monster were written with only the first of those books in mind, it’s often frustratingly difficult to gain access to the exciting monsters found in later supplements.
Weekly Wonders: A Conjurer’s Guide to Psychopomps focuses on providing players of various classes with options for summoning and working with outsiders of the psychopomp subtype. Included are:
- A simple and straightforward feat allowing a spellcaster of any class to easily summon a wide variety of psychopomps using existing spells like summon monster.
- The returned sage, a cleric archetype for those whose brush with death has brought them closer to their deity and emboldened their faith, and allows her to call upon psychopomps to aid her.
- The death shepherd spirit, for shamans, which grants access to a wide variety of psychopomp-themed abilities.
- The listmaster, a wizard archetype for those who have gained access to the psychopomps’ fabled records, allowing him to co-opt their own agents for his needs, but also gaining insight into his own death and the deaths of others.
- Two new types of psychopomp, suitable both for summoning and as foes: the CR 1/2 kithleen, a catlike creature that can bring about deadly misfortune to its foes, and the CR 11 neribium, a swarm of batlike psychopomps that can snatch the souls of the recently departed.