From publisher blurb:
This issue of the Codex presents another trio of small ships that vary greatly in both style and intended use. All are utility vehicles to add life to your campaign or to provide a ready-made ride for your heroes, villains, or working-class supporting cast trying to get by.
The Nightingale medical transport is a first responder for heavy casualty events - whether it be a civilian disaster or a military engagement. The ship has two surgery bays plus sixteen medical cryo-chambers to hold casualties for future treatment. She carries a pair of ambulance shuttles and has bunks for up to eight crew. There’s also a military “Nighthawk” medivac version and a covert, well-armed “Nightshade” version for use as a prisoner transport.
With a crew of 2 to 4, the Kalmar-class tanker is designed to haul fuel, water, and other liquids. The main decks can rotate for horizontal flight or tail landings. It is unarmed but has a pair of aft-mounted micro minelayers and the ability to jet away in “turbo” mode (thus the name, which derives from “Кальмар”, the Russian word for squid).
The K62 is a larger version of K6 medical shuttle carried by the Nightingale. It’s registered as a “recreational vehicle” meant for families on vacation or extended trips, but the half dozen bunks and extended range also make it useful for exploration, courier duties, or as a simple home away from home.
The Nightingale Trio package contains three highly detailed, layered PDF files:
• Main Book
- 29 page PDF file detailing the interior areas of the ships.
- Contains 3D rendered scenes as well as orthographic views.
- Includes system independent statistics designed for easy adaptation to your game of choice.
- Background, art, and text are on different layers for custom display and printing.
• Map Pages
- 20 page PDF file containing complete interior maps and instructions for assembly.
- Miniature-scale maps for tactical combat with an optional 1 inch = 5 ft grid.
- Divided into pages for easy printing in full color or printer-friendly black and white.
- Selectable layers include: grid, black & white version, and optional cargo.
• Uncut Map Images
- Three PDF files containing uncut images of the deckplans for the ships.
- Includes a 21x25 inch Nightingale, 16x23 Kalmar, and 13x11 inch K62 shuttle, map image.
- Select either a light or dark background (for printing or projection/display).
- Includes layers for grid, black & white version, optional cargo, and background choice.
- Flat jpeg images, grid-aligned, on a dark background are also provided for use on screen.