From publisher blurb:
Modern War is a complete squad-level game that opens up roleplaying for a wide-range of modern military-themed settings. It is based on (and fully compatible with) the science-fiction game called Cepheus Engine. With almost 70 military vehicles, 90 firearms and comprehensive military careers, the game can be set anytime in the past thirty years: 2019, 1999, 1989 - no matter. But it can also be used for almost any science-fiction or horror cross-over setting that you can imagine.
This book contains infantry creation rules with kit lists, guidelines on how to game-master a squad-level game and combat rules that factor in area fire and the inability to see your foe. There are squad templates from modern militaries, suggestions for building squad-based adventures and six fictional future war scenarios.
- How to roleplay a squad of infantrymen.
- Playing the crew of a tank or APC.
- Future wars! Six fictional wars to set your games within.
- Vehicles – almost 70 military vehicles with stats.
- Firearms – almost 90 firearms, with Cepheus Engine stats.
- Rules for skiiing, combat swimming, NBC protection … and more.
- Suppression, area fire and the uncertainty and chaos of modern battlefield combat.
- Detailed equipment lists.
- Create infantry, tank crews, chopper pilots, even civilians or intel officers.