a Flexible, Easy And Realistic fantasy Role-Playing Game
From the introduction:
A complete system of rules that combines realism with playability.
Some role-playing games are so simplistic that any realism is lost. Ever played a game where:
- only thieves can pick locks?
- rapiers do the same type of damage as clubs?
- each combatant makes one attack every ten seconds, and can only wear one type of armour?
Some role-playing games are so complex that they become unplayable. Ever played a game where:
- each character has hundreds of different skills?
- keeping track of damage in combat requires a qualification in accountancy?
- you have to buy twenty rulebooks to get a decent set of rules?
This game has been designed from scratch to be quick to learn, simple to play, yet realistic and flexible. It is good for novice role-players – basically anyone who’s ever read a fantasy novel – and experts who’ve been role-playing for years.
- 12 fantasy PC races;
- 100 or more detailed monster descriptions;
- 300 or more spells in 16 schools of magic;
- a simple and flexible skill development system;
- a realistic combat system
FEAR RPG can be adapted to virtually any fantasy world ever invented. Just add dice and imagination...