(Translated) Publisher blurb:
Item only in French
Certainly no one was unaware that dragons existed, that it had always been so, that the human form had become natural to them and that they had lived among men for centuries.
The Cardinal's Blades
The King of France is dying. Last year, Cardinal Richelieu, a member of the faithful and Prime Minister of France, was reminded of God.
France falters and its interests are threatened by numerous enemies, in the forefront of which are the Dragons of the Court of Spain.
In the past, Richelieu had initiated the creation of a group of elite fighters ready to sacrifice their lives: the Blades of the Cardinal. Also, before passing away, the great man of the church had offered to his successor, Mazarin, the same weapon which he once opposed to the enemies of the kingdom of France by ordering the formation of new Blades!
They will be those of another cardinal, whom they will obey in everything until death if necessary. Because it presages that these men and women with diverse and complementary origins, characters and talents will ensure the salvation of the crown of France against adversaries more determined than ever.
Enter the world of Pierre Pevel's bestselling novels! Play as the new Blades of the Cardinal, in a 17th century where these elite adventurers and spies from the Kingdom of France fight against the most formidable adversaries that are, the Dragons!
Discover a fast and intuitive character creation process, allowing you to draw heroes in line with those of novels: capable of incredible prowess but marked by a tragic destiny.
Embark on the wildest adventures thanks to a fluid game system that gives pride of place to fencing clashes dear to the genre of "cape and sword".
Take in hand the cards of the Tarot of Shadows, specially created for the game and implement feints and boots by taking advantage of the complementarity of your group.
And above all, fear the dragons.
One day, always!
In this box you will find:
• A color booklet describing the context of Europe in 1643, as the Blades know it, as well as exhaustive information on their main adversaries: the dragons. All complemented by dozens of scenario tracks.
• A color booklet including the game system and game-specific elements, such as creating adventures, Blades' resources, some secrets from the heroes of novels, as well as an epic campaign.
• The Tarot of Shadows game of 78 cards, used for the game system and including the draconic mysteries created by Pierre Pevel.
• The 24 archetypal cards, allowing very fast character creation.
• The color character sheet.
• The Cardinal Blades game screen.
• The Draconic river, to place the Tarot of Shadows cards.
• A board of tokens and their ziplock for easy storage.
• A map of Paris des Lames in large format.