From publisher blurb:
Mortal understanding of the Gods changes over time. The Theoi wore different faces in Greece, in Rome, during the Renaissance...and in America. Meet the faces of the American Theoi, a pantheon dedicated to the preservation of the Republic.
The Republican Pantheon an exploration of the faces of the Theoi associated with Enlightenment neoclassicism and the American Revolution. It includes:
- The history of the Republican Compact, the Revolutionary-era deal which forged the new mantles of an entire pantheon.
- How the Republican gods are honored in America, including the mysterious Cult of Liber.
- The faces of the Republican gods, including a half-dozen new Theoi drawn from Greek and Roman history.
- The Cosmology of Republican America
- New Birthrights
- A foe out of the past: the Divus Julius!
This book stands on its own, but is meant as a companion piece to Philadelphia and the Gods.