From publisher blurb:
Horror Roleplaying in Terrifying Realms of Lovecraftian Apocalypses.
Lovecraftian roleplaying typically sees brave Mythos investigators foiling plots to corrupt our familiar world. But what happens when the heroes DON’T save the day? When the cult’s apocalyptic schemes succeed? What comes next? That’s what APOCTHULHU is about.
APOCTHULHU is a tabletop roleplaying game from Cthulhu Reborn that lets you explore many different past or future worlds where the Mythos somehow took control. Perhaps human civilizations fell when Shub-Niggurath bestowed a terrible gift of fertility on the Earth? Or when Nyarlathotep’s words seduced superpowers into mutual annihilation? Did R’lyeh rise, waking you-know-who?
APOCTHULHU is built upon a simple yet elegant d100 system. Players take on the roles of everyday people who are Survivors in a Post-Apocalyptic world. Game mechanics emphasize the lethality of life in the fallen world, in terms of threats to health and sanity. Rules also cover scavenging equipment and resources, often the only way Survivors can obtain scarce supplies.
By investigating horrors of the Post-Apocalyptic world and defeating their schemes and agents, Survivors might just guarantee their community lives to carry on the fight. Or they might unearth secrets that can one day overthrow the Mythos overlords.
The APOCTHULHU Quickstart is a beautifully illustrated 72-page book presenting:
- a simplified but feature-complete version of the game rules, which can have you up and running APOCTHULHU in minutes,
- rules for generating player character Survivors,
- six pre-made Survivor characters which can be used to pick up and play immediately,
- an example Lovecraftian Post-Apocalypse, and
- an introductory scenario, "Amber Waves" which puts the Survivors in the middle of a dangerous situation in the overgrown ruins of rural Kansas town.
Whether you want a ready-made one-shot, or an ongoing campaign of gritty survival horror, APOCTHULHU is your gateway to nightmarish versions of humanity’s past or future.
Do you have what it takes to be an Apocalypse Survivor?