From publisher blurb:
Amarune's Almanac Volume 4 is the fourth in a multipart series exploring the eight biomes of Dungeons & Dragons within the Forgotten Realms campaign setting.
Arctics of the Realms finds life and excitement in the desolate wastelands of Faerûn. In our travels, we've found new and old flora, fauna, and history to bring to you about the polar regions of the Realms. Arctics of the Realms does this through both narrative prose, written from the perspective of Amarune Whitewave (the great, great granddaughter of Elminster Aumar), and through occasional notes from her husband, editor, and traveling companion Arclath Delcastle.
Contained with this 50-page tome, you'll get:
- 2 new subclasses
- the Circle of the Frozen North druid which seeks to expand on the land (arctic) druid.
- and the Northguard, a conclave of Rangers who are outcast to wander the frigid wastelands and fight the many abominations that thrive there.
- Variant rules: expansions to the Druid and Ranger classes to allow them more access to the new spells contained within this book!
- 11 spells: each using a new spellcasting component, Environment, as they each rely on the boons of the world around them.
- +1 bonus spell, druidic practice, which is the Druid version of the ceremony spell for Clerics.
- 10 magic items: drawn from the alien and scarce bounties of the polar regions of Faerûn, and it's denizens.
- 10 monsters: new creatures for Wild Shaping, mounts, and companions!
- plus a template for creatures corrupted by the black ice of the Crystal Shard
- 20 flora: the "bounty" of the arctic. Roots, lichens, and hearty plants that you can collect and use to create all manner of items, as well as improve some spells.
- Downtime activities: A gathering expedition specifically designed to find and collect the flora described in this book.
- 5 location stories: Straight from the journal of Amarune Whitewave herself, stories of their expeditions into five notable Faerûn coldlands: Cloudspire, Icewind Dale, Damara, Great Glacier, and Vaasa
- A map of Faerûn: Updated for 5th Edition, this book contains a two-page map of Faerûn covering the Sword Coast all the way to the Plains of Purple Dust