From publisher blurb:
Into the Wild is written for Old School Essentials but can be easily adapted for use with any OSR-style game. It combines and expands on six books by Third Kingdom Games: Classing up the Joint, Domain Building, Hexcrawl Basics, Random Weather Generation, OSR Expanded Classes, and Wealth by NPC level.
Designed to be used alone or as a companion book to Filling in the Blanks
and a Guide to Thieves' Guilds
, Into the Wild
provides guidance for high level play. From exploring the wilderness to founding a domain, creating new classes for OSR games, and more. All of the artwork was commisioned for the book. The rules from the aforementioned six books have been revised and integrated into a coherent whole, with plenty of examples of how it works in play. Additionally, Into the Wild
- Random encounter tables designed to populate wilderness lairs, not just create random encounters.
- A simple mass combat system designed to be used to resolve everything from large-scale pitched battles to large encounters in the wilderness for when you don't want to roll one hundred attack rolls.
- Two pages of unit tokens for use with 1" battlemats and the mass combat system.
- Example settlements and strongholds that are blank to be filled in by the Referee and used as needed.
- Domain tracking sheets by James V West.
- and more!