From the back of the book:
Save The World . . . Or Destroy It!
GURPS Powers is the ultimate guide to ultimate abilities for ultimate heroes. Want to create a comic-book superhero? A wuxia fighter? An earth-shattering psi? A wizard or shaman with abilities far beyond mere spells and rituals? A god? With the GURPS Basic Set and Powers in hand, the only limit is your imagination. Powers has everything you need to create superhuman heroes, including:
* Case-by-case advice on how to turn over 100 advantages from the Basic Set into superhuman abilities - complete with new special modifiers, variant traits, optional rules, and plenty of worked examples.
* Five flexible new advantages: Control, Create, Illusion, Leech, and Static.
* Dozens of all-new enhancements and limitations that let you fine-tune your abilities.
* Specific suggestions for representing hard-to-game abilities, including super-speed, invulnerability, stopping time, and granting wishes.
* Options that change the way groups of abilities work, such as Energy Reserves to fuel them and "alternative abilities" that don't all work at once.
* Advice on personalizing your abilities with special effects.
* Hundreds of worked-out sample abilities - energy blasts, supernatural curses, defenses, subtle mental gifts, and much more.
* Rules for powers - groups of abilities that originate from a common source and have common benefits and drawbacks - with over 40 ready-to-use examples.
* Guidelines on biological, chi, divine, elemental, magical, moral, nature, psionic, spirit, and super powers - even godlike cosmic powers - with special attention to how they interact.
* A full chapter on powers in action, covering stunts such as combining powers and using existing abilities as entirely different ones - and drawbacks such as crippling powers and losing control of them.
* Advice to GMs on how to keep it all fun and prevent high-powered heroes from trashing adventures and campaigns.
So what are you waiting for? Crack open Powers and power up your game!
GURPS Powers requires the GURPS Basic Set, Fourth Edition, and completely replaces the rules from the Third Edition books GURPS Supers and GURPS Psionics; however, GURPS Powers does not contain all of the same content. The advice on abilities and powers can be used with any game that features superhuman characters.