The third of eight "Nations of Théah" sourcebooks for the 7th Sea roleplaying game.
Includes detailed descriptions of the geography and political factions of the nation of Montaigne, as well as extra rules for character creation.
From back of the book:
"When the sun sets, the land will run red with blood."
- Lady Jamais Sices du Sices
This is truly a golden age. Montaigne stands on top of the world, and no one can challenge her authority. The limitless gold that pours from the Empereur’s coffers fuels the war against Castille - a war which can only end in victory for Montaigne, and the destruction of the Empereur’s most bitter enemy, the Church itself. Beneath the surface, however, dark forces have begun to stir, and the voices of a thousand spirits cry out for vengeance!
The Montaigne sourcebook includes:
• Information on the fifteen provinces of the Empire of the Sun King,
complete with history, background information, and prominent personalities.
• Tips on playing the most dangerous game of them all - courtly intrigue.
• A wealth of new rules: fighting schools, new uses for Porté, Montaigne
Puzzle Swords, and L’Empereur’s Musketeers.
• Descriptions of the native ghosts and spectres, a two-page map of the
Montaigne capital, and more!